- International Practice
- Securities Regulation
- Climate Change
- Financial Institutions
- Labor and Employment
- Strategic Communications
- Corporate and Securities
- Financial Restructuring
- Educational Institutions
- Private Funds
- Intellectual Property
- Public Finance
- White Collar Defense
- Environmental Strategies
- Internal Investigations
- Real Estate and Projects
In the syndicated loan markets, Bracewell enjoys a solid reputation for experienced, knowledgeable attorneys. We take a pragmatic and highly skilled approach to structuring, negotiating and documenting deals. With our global finance capabilities, we can help clients arrange syndicated financing structures virtually anywhere in the world.
We represent domestic and international lending institutions that regularly act as the lead arrangers in these types of financings. The firm also advises corporate borrowers annually on billions of dollars in syndicated loans. Deals range from traditional corporate finance transactions to complicated structured financings.
A Special Focus on Energy and Construction
It is not only critical that counsel selected for these transactions understand their intricacies and potential risks; counsel must also understand the industry in which the transaction is taking place. Because many of these transactions are concentrated in the energy and construction industries, two areas in which Bracewell attorneys have experience, clients with transactions in these industries think of Bracewell first for syndicated lending and borrowing.
- Represented Bank of America NA, as administrative agent, in connection with a $700 million senior-secured revolving reserve-based credit facility for Stone Energy Corporation, secured by Gulf of Mexico, Appalachia and Rocky Mountain oil and gas assets.
- Represented Plains Exploration & Production Company in connection with a $1.6 billion senior-secured revolving reserve-based credit facility agented by JPMorgan Chase Bank NA, secured by oil and gas assets located primarily in California, Texas and Louisiana.
- Represented Citibank NA, as administrative agent, in connection with a five-year, unsecured, multi-borrower $1.9 billion revolving credit facility for international offshore drilling company Ensco plc and certain of its subsidiaries, to be used for working capital purposes.
- Represented JPMorgan Chase Bank NA, as administrative agent, in connection with an unsecured $835 million revolving five-year credit facility for Cameron International Corporation, Cameron Limited, Cameron GmbH, Cameron (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., Cameron Canada Corporation, and Cameron Lux III SARL, to be used for general corporate purposes.
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank NA, as administrative agent, in connection with a $1.05 billion multi-currency, multi-borrower senior-secured revolving credit and term loan facilities to Oil States International Inc. to finance its acquisition of The MAC Services Group Limited, a publicly traded entity organized in Australia.
- Represented BNP Paribas, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and UBS Securities, as co-lead arrangers and joint bookrunners of $1.8 billion senior-secured multi-tranche credit facilities for CITGO Petroleum Corporation, secured by certain of CITGO’s assets in the United States, including three refineries located in Texas, Louisiana and Illinois.