- International Practice
- Securities Regulation
- Climate Change
- Financial Institutions
- Labor and Employment
- Strategic Communications
- Corporate and Securities
- Financial Restructuring
- Educational Institutions
- Private Funds
- Intellectual Property
- Public Finance
- White Collar Defense
- Environmental Strategies
- Internal Investigations
- Real Estate and Projects
“The team delivers ‘very high value for money’ and is ‘very attentive to the needs of a complex project.’” - Legal 500, 2011
Complex project finance is one of the areas where the finance attorneys of Bracewell have made a strong name for themselves, with repeated acknowledgement by well-respected ranking organizations, such as Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, and regular contributions to such publications as Oil & Gas Finance Journal.
Bracewell’s attorneys advise developers, sponsors, utilities, contractors, and vendors in energy and other infrastructure project financing transactions around the world.
Start-to-Finish Project Guidance
From initial planning to completion, our lawyers serve as a single resource for every aspect of project finance activity.
We help clients by:
- Preparing bids and analyzing project risks
- Establishing joint ventures or other dedicated entities to handle the project
Preparing every aspect of transaction documentation, including:
- Various sales and marketing contracts
- Service and supply agreements
- Engineering and construction contracts
Types of Projects
Engagements have included non-recourse and limited-recourse project financings of power plants, oil and natural gas pipelines, LNG facilities, petrochemicals, sports complexes, and other infrastructure projects.
We provide guidance on multilateral lending, export credit finance, capital markets and bank syndication, asset securitizations, cash-flow monetizations, revolving lines of credit, and equipment finance arrangements.
Global Energy Project Finance
Bracewell is consistently ranked among the top U.S. law firms at structuring, documenting and closing syndicated loans for energy industry lenders and borrowers around the world.
We have undertaken project finance transactions throughout Europe and the Asia/Pacific region, as well as in North America. A particular strength is transactions for clients in Central and South America, including energy generation and transmission projects in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Mexico.
We represent clients before host country governments in negotiations on concession and implementation agreements, guarantees and other governmental support arrangements for infrastructure projects.
Recent Representative Projects
- Represented El Paso Corporation as sponsor on the financing of a 675-mile natural gas pipeline running through Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, and Oregon. The deal involved a $1.49 billion construction/term facility and a $25 million revolving working capital facility.
- Advised Plum Point Energy Associates on the financing of a state-of-the-art 665 MW coal-fired power plant in Mississippi County, Arkansas, the deal consisting of an $800 million construction loan from RBS, and a $100 million tax-exempt bond financing from other parties.
- Advised Rockland Capital on its purchase of an equity interest in La Paloma Acquisition Company and the related assumption of the asset manager role of the 1,022 MW power facility in Kern County, California.
- Represented Societe Generaleas Joint Lead Arranger, Administrative Agent, and Collateral Agent in a $2,500,000 revolving facility, $25,000,000 initial advance term loan facility, and $50,000,000 delayed draw term loan facility to support the Phase II deployment of Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp.’s (which provides a global digital cinema platform of service and theater management software to support the exhibition industry’s transition from 35mm to digital cinema) project to license 10,000 Digital Projection Systems to exhibitors.