- International Practice
- Securities Regulation
- Climate Change
- Financial Institutions
- Labor and Employment
- Strategic Communications
- Corporate and Securities
- Financial Restructuring
- Educational Institutions
- Private Funds
- Intellectual Property
- Public Finance
- White Collar Defense
- Environmental Strategies
- Internal Investigations
- Real Estate and Projects
Nicholas J. Kendrick
Nick Kendrick advises clients on energy projects and transactions across oil and gas, LNG and power. He has recently advised on project development, project financing (including reserve-based lending), M&A, asset acquisition and divestment, joint ventures, licensing and gas commercialisation across Europe, Africa and Asia.
Nick has also advised on midstream and downstream transactions, including divestment of infrastructure, transportation and processing arrangements, sale and purchase agreements and MSAs for LNG and natural gas, and regasification and tolling arrangements.
His recent power project development experience includes advising on EPC/O&M contracts and financing aspects for renewable energy projects, with a focus on the Middle East and North Africa.
Representative matters at Bracewell include advising:
- Ophir Energy on its Fortuna FLNG project offshore Equatorial Guinea;
- Sonatrach Gas Marketing on its ongoing operations at the Isle of Grain LNG Terminal;
- Alcazar Energy Partners on the 82MW Al Rajef Wind Farm, Jordan;
- Cairo Solar on a 50MW Solar Farm, Benban, Egypt;
- an international energy company on the Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle power plant, Kuwait;
- Mercuria Energy Group in connection with its acquisition of L & Q Block gas interests from Tullow Oil in the Dutch North Sea;
- an LNG buyer on the purchase and regasification of LNG at the Klaipeda FSRU in Lithuania;
- Caracal Energy on an up to $250m reserve-based senior secured facility for the development of its Chad assets (the first reserve-based lending deal in Chad);
- Macquarie Bank on the provision of a $30m bridge facility to Bowleven plc;
- an international energy company on the opportunity to farm-in to a mega-field offshore Mozambique;
- an indigenous Nigerian oil and gas company on gas sale and purchase agreements and associated transportation arrangements; and
- Diamond Generating Corporation on the 52.5MW Shams Ma’an Round 1 Solar project in Jordan.
publications and speeches
"Keep Quiet and Carry On under the EU Trade Secrets Directive," IP Magazine, September 2016.
L.P.C., College of Law, 2010
LL.B., University of Sussex, 2009
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales