- International Practice
- Securities Regulation
- Climate Change
- Financial Institutions
- Labor and Employment
- Strategic Communications
- Corporate and Securities
- Financial Restructuring
- Educational Institutions
- Private Funds
- Intellectual Property
- Public Finance
- White Collar Defense
- Environmental Strategies
- Internal Investigations
- Real Estate and Projects
SEC and Climate Change Breakfast
Join Bracewell & Giuliani for a breakfast program that explores an important new regulatory concern: scrutinizing the climate change disclosures of public companies in the energy sector.
8 - 9:30 am EST
Topics to be covered:
- New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's recent investigation of five energy companies: Were financial risks associated with coal fired plants adequately addressed in corporate environmental disclosures?
- Recent congressional hearings on corporate reporting of climate change: Must companies include more disclosure on carbon risk?
- Will the SEC begin requiring publicly traded companies to assess and fully disclose their financial risks related to climate change?
- What steps can business leaders take to assess and control potential exposure from their recent securities filings?
- What do these trends mean for the upcoming 10-K season?
Speakers will include former EPA officials, securities and environmental specialists, and members of our White Collar Criminal Defense team.
One hour of Virginia CLE credit pending.
Please contact Tammy Pitts at 713.221.1257 or firstname.lastname@example.org