- International Practice
- Securities Regulation
- Climate Change
- Financial Institutions
- Labor and Employment
- Strategic Communications
- Corporate and Securities
- Financial Restructuring
- Educational Institutions
- Private Funds
- Intellectual Property
- Public Finance
- White Collar Defense
- Environmental Strategies
- Internal Investigations
- Real Estate and Projects
From Cap and Trade to Carbon Disclosure: A Climate Change Primer for Businesses
Few issues are so complicated as climate change. And with climate change slated to be a crucial business concern for decades, it is important to have a fundamental understanding about climate change and the regulatory and legal responses that will be expected of corporations. This briefing will deliver a primer on the topic to help you manage the issue for your business.
8:00 - 8:30 am Registration & Breakfast
8:30 - 10:30 am Program
Hosted by our Washington-based partners Scott Segal, Jeff Holmstead and Kevin Ewing, three of the country's leading experts on climate change, you will walk away with a better understanding and preparation for the future. The discussion will investigate the following issues:
- How corporate boards, executives and legal teams should be managing their carbon-related risks.
- The prospects for climate change legislation in Washington after the November elections, and its expected impact on business.
- Voluntary carbon emissions disclosure: Risk and Benefits.
- Governance techniques and trends in carbon risk management.
- Key issues of concern, from cost containment to international concerns to state and federal relations.
- Managing climate issues in the public sphere.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 713.221.1279.
Bracewell & Giuliani LLP